The Hall Center for the Humanities seeks a Postdoctoral Researcher in theDigital Humanities. In order to increase the profile of digital humanitiesscholarship at the university, the Hall Center seeks to appoint a recent PhDas a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Digital Humanities who will work on asubstantial research project in the Hall Center and assist the facultyco-directors of the Institute for Digital Research in the Humanities withworkshops and teaching. Candidates should have a PhD in any humanities orhumanities-oriented social science field and have demonstrated experiencewith digital humanities tools and methodologies. Successful candidates willalso possess a track record of excellence in teaching at the universitylevel. The Postdoctoral Researcher will be mentored by faculty members at KUin allied fields and the Hall Center Director. This is a two-yearappointment. The Hall Center is a designated research center on the KU campusthat promotes scholarship the humanities, arts, and humanities-orientedsocial sciences. Along with the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences and the KULibraries, the Hall Center supports the Institute for Digital Research in theHumanities (IDRH).
65% - Conduct research and work on a substantial, publishable project in theResearcher’s field of study while in residence at the Hall Center.
Participate in the Center’s intellectual environment by attending seminars,colloquia, and other relevant scholarly development programs.
30% - Work closely with the IDRH to design and implement digitalhumanities-specific workshops for faculty and students on campus. Design andteach one digital humanities seminar per year to advanced undergraduates andgraduate students.
5% - Present research at conferences of national or international status inthe Digital Humanities.
1. Doctoral degree in a humanities or humanities-oriented social sciencefield that was received within the previous two (2) calendar years to thetime of application
2. Expertise in the digital humanities, demonstrated by the successfulintegration of digital humanities tools and methodologies with humanitiesscholarship.
3. At least 2 years of experience in teaching undergraduates and/or graduatestudents at the university level, either as a graduate teaching assistant orlecturer.
4. Strong computer skills based on previous coursework and/or implementationof digital humanities in the applicant’s previous and current work.
5. Excellent communication skills, as evidenced by application materialsand/or previous publications.
1. Experience teaching courses in digital humanities tools and methods at theuniversity level.
2. Experience in research center, laboratory, institute, or libraryadministration.
3. Experience in planning workshops or conferences for academics or thepublic.
Apply online at https://employment.ku.edu/staff/7608BR and include thefollowing:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter addressing your specific digital humanities skills, how youmeet the qualifications of this position, and what project you will work onwhile at the Hall Center
3. Writing Sample of no more than 20 pages
4. Contact information for three (3) referencesContact Information to Applicants:
Sally Utech, Acting Director, Hall Center for the Humanitiessutech@ku.edu
Salary: $47,476.00 annually
Deadline to apply is February 5, 2017
Anticipated State Date: 14 August 2017
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race,color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disabilitystatus as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status,gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in theuniversity’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited byuniversity policy. The following persons have been designated to handleinquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IXcoordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Officeof Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road,Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence,Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal OpportunityOffice, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205,913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansasmedical center campuses).
URL or email for more information: https://employment.ku.edu/staff/7608BR