Click here for a printable PDF version of this CFP.
I. Background and Overview
Established in recent years as a new component in CHCI’s overall program, CHCI Member Networks are affinity groups organized around shared issues, themes, operational concerns, or other foci. Current Member Networks are:
- Digital Humanities Network
- Humanities for the Environment Network
- Public Humanities Network
While these Networks are organized and driven by members, CHCI may provide various forms of support, including meeting time and space at Annual Meetings and funding for projects. At the 2013 CHCI Annual Meeting, the following new parameters for funding were announced:
- Member Networks are invited to apply for a CHCI Network Fund grant of up to US$20,000.
- The CHCI Advisory Board will review proposals and select projects for funding.
- Networks currently receiving US$5,000 per year for three years, under CHCI’s earlier policy, may continue to receive this funding until their current three-year term concludes, after which the $5,000 funding model will sunset in favor of the new $20,000 model.
- Networks currently receiving $5,000 per year may apply for the new $20,000 CHCI Network Project funding; if they are awarded this grant, their current (this year) and any future $5,000 installments will be folded into the $20,000.
- Potential number of awards is 4.
II. Proposal Requirements
A one-page cover letter written on a CHCI Member Institution letterhead should accompany the final proposal and contain the following:
- Name and address of principal investigator or project leaders
- Brief project summary and title
- Amount of funding sought
- Period when funding is expected to be used
- How funding will be used
- Contact information for the collaborating institutions and individuals
Applicants should submit a concise proposal of no more than three pages explaining the following:
- the project and its purpose
- how and Member Institutions involved will collaborate with each other
- how each Member Institution will be involved in the various parts of the project
- a schedule of major activities
- a budget
- outcomes and other deliverables you expect from this project
III. Submission & Deadline
Please submit in PDF format to email@example.com, or mail hard copies to the following address:
Member Network Fund Application
CHCI/John Hope Franklin Humanities Institute
114 S. Buchanan Blvd.
Durham, NC 27708-0403
We suggest that Member Networks use the time between now and the the 2014 Annual Meeting in Hong Kong to begin discussing Network Project proposals, and then take the opportunity to refine them together at the meeting.
Deadline: We need to receive your application at least two weeks before the last CHCI Board meeting of the year. For 2014, this would be 3 October 2014.